Friday, April 20, 2007

Shouldn't we worship the human brain instead of god??

My cell phone rings. I answer the call, it is from Iran. I start talking and we talk for a long time. It never stops to amaze me. I am sitting here, half a globe away and I can talk to my mother in Iran as if she is in the same room, or sitting next to me in the bus.

What is a miracle? The story of Lazarous in the bible, or this amazing gadget in my hand? This small miracle of human ingenuity that lets me talk to somebody at the other side of the globe with the click of a button?

If there is a god, it is our brain. Our magnificent and unbelievably complex brain that has made cell phones and cars out of the rocks and oil of the ground. As if with a magic wand, we have turned simple rocks in the ground into these objects. Aren't we, human beings, the real god? Why do we tend to worship other imaginary and childish objects. If it was for me, I would put an effigy of a human brain on a pedestal in any temple and tell people," if you want to pray and worship a god, at least worship the real god", yourselves.







No comments: